Saturday, December 6, 2014

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop 2

It has been a very long time since I participated in a blog hop.
 An international move was a real upset to my creative mojo.
My new space is ready for work. 
 Doesn't look much different than my set up in Oki does it?
This time it's not crammed in front of a door in my bedroom.
I have my own space. 
And Boy! What a lot of space.
Yep, I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
 (Please feel free to share your ideas to finish the space.)
I swear my space must be too clean or something because all I do 
is work on a small project, finish it and clean it up.
That is NOT my process.
I've been creating since I was little girl, and for as long 
as I've had a stash (or hoard) of crafting supplies
I sit down to start a project and by the middle 
I've pulled supplies for at least 3 more projects and
by the end I've probably already finished a smaller project or two
that I hadn't even thought of when I sat down.
THAT is how I work.
I hope it's how I will eventually work here.
I have high hopes.
 When we first moved in (a month before our furniture arrived)
one of my father-in-laws brought me an assortment of plastic beads. 
I sat with them completely zoned in until this happened.
 
Oh geese, enough about me. 
Why are we here? The fantastic Lori has brought us all together again. 
Why?
To finally use all those amazing beads we keep looking at, but never use.
Boy do I have those, but with holidays surrounding today I took a more sentimental approach.
I have a only two dear friends who send me beads. One sent me a collection of pearls years ago.
So I created this perfect accent to my holiday spirit.
I still have 4 more colors to play with so more of Tina's pearls are in my future 
now that they've finally made their way to my bead mat.

My favorite piece for this project was a kit that my husband bought me
 for Christmas the first year we were in Oki. Like now 
the move had left money really tight, but he found 
the money to surprise me.
At the time I thought it was too difficult for me. Honestly it probably was. 
I'm thrilled to now wear this symbol of my husband's love for me and support of my creativity.
 Love those designs that are also gorgeous on the back!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the participants. I'm sure there will be TONS of eye candy.
Head over to Lori's to check out the list. After 4 tries to share the list here with only wonk-a-doodle results so I'm going to just let you use her fully functional list.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you did.
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Happy Holidays!

25 comments:

  1. Your new creative space is enviable. My only suggestion is, make a mess. ;) Studies suggest creative people are more creative in chaos. Your designs using gifted beads are lovely. Isn't it great to have friends and loved ones who support our bead habits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hold a special place in my heart for my friends that support my creative side. Yes, Tammy I am trying to make a mess, but I can't seem to till I get the house fully set up. I'm stuck in unpacking/clear up mode it seems.

      Delete
  2. GREAT space. I would have that crammed full of organization drawers and MORE beads in a heartbeat! I love what you did with the pearl piece. A symbol with a little of you - and little of him - rolled into one simple piece. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your studio and your bead stash! The pearl necklace is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An international move is such an huge undertaking ! Im glad you had the time to make those pretties and show them to us !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful place to do your beading! May beautiful designs continue to flow from there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the necklace and your bead room! I think I'd just about melt if I had a beading area like yours. I'd probably put some small standing bookshelves in the middle of the room like an island so they'd always be at hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea Nicole, but this room is part of the loop my son runs around in the house. I can't impede those games of chase since I'm sure there aren't too many of those years left. I appreciate it the suggestion. Having books handy is a great idea.

      Delete
  7. Your method of creating with beads sounds a lot like mine. The piece that you made from the kit that your husband gave you is gorgeous and so special. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty indeed.. such a great room as well. My studio is always a mess. I get more done that way, not always cleaning it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stories Ginger, so much fun. Beautiful beautiful necklace how very romantic and the pearl bracelet goes with it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super beautiful beaded pendants; you have so much to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it wrong that I want to sit down with your stash and look through it? Ha Ha. I like that you have friends who send you beads & that your husband bought you a kit - which you turned into something quite pretty, by the way. Thanks for sharing your studio with us too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely not Kelly, I'm thrilled you'd like to check out my things. I've seen a dozen or more creative work spaces that I'd love to take a peek into in person. Plus, I haven't had anyone who could truly appreciate the space in for a visit yet. If I didn't have an unending list of family coming for the holidays I'd invite you down.

      Delete
  12. I don't usually get too impressed with kits, but WOW is that an exception, Ginger! Your Hubby rocks, girl :) I think you underestimated the impact this huge relocation would have on your Muse... give her a chance to spread her wings and she will come roaring back. She is teasing you right now because I think she hates neatness, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful designs! Wonderful hubby to give a special gift and show such support for your creativity. Love your new space and I'd bet in no time you and your muse will be settled in surrounded by projects in various stages :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ginger, I DO have an idea for finishing your space. I will come over and move my stuff in and if some of yours just happens to fall into my corner, well, so be it! LOL You are one lucky lady to have so much room. That kit your husband bought is really pretty. It's nice you had this time to finally make it up. It came out so pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a thoughtful husband, and the necklace turned out beautifully. You will settle in and find your place, but do not overlook the fact that we grow and change. Enjoy your new creations this season.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creations, even more so for their sentimental value :)
    As for that amazing creative space you now have, maybe you just need the right set up... what about a long table in the middle of the room with your shelving and storage along the walls and under the ends of the table? I've seen plenty of similar layouts in pinterest, so if you need inspirations, just head there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to finally use the special kit your husband gave you. Beautiful necklace and festive bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ginger. great piece. I think it is wonderful that you made something from a kit that your husband chose for you. Your new work space is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This piece is so pretty, but it's even more attractive because of what it means to you!!! Congrats on your new creating space. I know you will create many beautiful things there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great piece, your husband has good taste. I love your bracelet too, perfect for the holidays. I can't believe how big your new space is, that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh ugh -- I moved from the states to Korea and then back again, and then to Italy and back again, so I know your pain!

    Love your new home, and your work!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.